back to contents
October 2015 marked our Silver Jubilee
So what is
Maghull HomeWatch Association ?
Home Watch is 35 years old (it began in Mollington, Cheshire in 1982) and has helped reduce crime wherever residents have set up groups.
Home Watch groups began forming in Maghull shortly after 1984
'Maghull HomeWatch Association' was set up in 1990
1990 had 25 groups = 1,191 households ...2017 we have 150 groups = 4,000 households
Maghull is a low-crime area ~ with more members we could make it even better
How much does this cost ? Answer = just £1 per YEAR !!!
ALL Maghull HomeWatch members receive our bi-monthly Newsletter
...no newsletter = NOT a member & NO discount on your home insurance.
Note: If you accidentally (but falsely) claim to be in MHWA, your insurance company may REFUSE to pay-out in the event of a burglary or any other claim you needed to make!
The Merseyside Police say . . .
"Home Watch is the best known and most effective example of the community and police working together to prevent crime, reduce the fear of crime and improve quality of life.
A local Home Watch scheme could help address not only those crimes traditional associated with Home Watch such as burglary and car crime but also help with the problems of youths causing annoyance and incidents of anti-social behaviour in the area."
A few good reasons to start a Home Watch scheme in YOUR road:
1. Home Watch areas are 10 times less likely to become victims of burglary, only 1-in-300 rather than 1-in-30 households in the GB.
2. Starting a Home Watch scheme helps to bring community spirit back to an area.
3. The Home Watch signs displayed in your area tells burglars you & your neighbours are security conscious.
4. Many insurance companies offer a discount on your home insurance for members.
5. Home Watch Association Members receive a free newsletter to keep them up to date.
6. Home Watch members in Sefton can obtain SMARTWATER at an exceedingly discounted rate of just £10.
back to contents
Created & Updated by: Mike's Taiji4you ~ Tai Chi for Health